Monday, May 15, 2017

It's Opening Day! Play Blog!

So here goes...after following whentoppshadballs.blogspot.com and shlabotnikreport.wordpress.com for a while I have resurrected an old blog name I stashed away a few years ago called "The Big Red Machine".

My original intent was to show the creation and development of what would be the Cincinnati Reds baseball dynasty of the 1970's using period baseball cards and related memorabilia starting in the early 1960's. Since then I have marveled at the blog musings of The Shlabotnik Report, When Topps Had (Base)Balls , Wrigley Wax and a few others and will expand my scope to include tidbits of Cincinnati Baseball history, local players and other tie-ins.

I will also include occasional observations on topps period products and my own commentary on some favorite cards, players and memories from my collecting days in the 1970's and 80's.

I look forward to sharing my perspective on these cardboard collectibles that consumed my imagination so long ago.

1970 Topps Cincinnati Reds Team card (#544)

No comments:

Post a Comment